This is an issue on the host's computer (the person attempting to host a game). Below are the things that can cause it.
Almost 99% of 15000 errors are caused by having either an old, a low end or a cloud server GPU that does not support Parsec. The other 1% is caused by not updating your drivers, or using automatic methods instead of manually searching for drivers from intel.com, amd.com or nvidia.com. If your graphics card does not support Parsec, you cannot host.
This is the most common cause. Check the compatibility list and ensure it is supported before trying anything else.
Make sure to use the methods below to update your driver. Avoid using Windows' Device Manager or other automatic methods, because those may give you old versions that do not work with Parsec.
Especially laptops with Intel tend to have old drivers. You should follow this tutorial, and avoid using automatic updaters:
- Search for your CPU name through the search bar of the Intel Download Center
- Open each result and check which one has the most recent graphics driver listed for your operating system version. Some links are to beta drivers, and it's optional whether you choose to use those
- In "Available Downloads", download and install the .exe file
- If while installing you get the error 'The driver being installed is not validated for this computer', download the zip instead from the same page above, and follow this tutorial (selecting igcc_dch.inf if you don't find the .inf the tutorial asks for)
- Restart the computer when the installer has finished
The automatic updates from Geforce Experience usually work, but you might want to do a manual driver search on NVIDIA's site just to make sure the version is correct.
Get the updates from AMD's site.
This is a limitation of some AMD APUs. The host can try to lower the resolution to 1280x800 or lower (through Windows' settings instead of Parsec's).
On the host, disable/close NVIDIA Shadowplay, Xbox DVR / Game bar, VNC or other game streaming apps and, then see if that fixed it.
Nvidia Shadowplay is an option in GeForce Experience marked "Share". If you do not have GeForce Experience, this does not apply to you. If you do not have the Share option, please re-check that your GPU is supported and update your drivers.
Xbox DVR is an option in the Windows settings app under the "Gaming" category, in "Captures". it is marked "Background recording".
If your computer has two GPUs, such as one dedicated NVIDIA card that can't host and one integrated Intel GPU that can, you may have to switch to the other GPU to host.
Plug your monitor directly into the card that can host. If you want your CPU's integrated graphics to host for instance, plug your monitor into the motherboard.
This does not apply for laptops that are getting error 15000. You should only look into this if the people connecting are currently getting error 14003.
This is especially common with Intel's drivers. If the host machine has the latest drivers, consider following these instructions to use Display Driver Uninstall (DDU), remove traces of the current driver, and try reinstalling the current driver again.
- Create a restore point in the minor chance that something goes wrong with this tutorial. You'll be able to go back to how your computer was before changes were made
- Download the latest driver setup file from intel.com, nvidia.com or amd.com's site. Avoid automatic updaters. Do not install yet, just keep the install file for later use
- Download Display Driver Uninstaller
- If you're using Windows 10, unplug your ethernet cable or turn off the Wi-Fi to prevent Windows from automatically installing unwanted driver updates
- Boot into safe mode. On Windows 10, you get into safe mode by doing the following:
- Press Windows + I to open the settings
- Go into Update & Security > Recovery
- In Advanced startup, press Restart now
- When a blue screen shows, go into Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings
- In Startup Settings, click Restart
- Once a screen shows up with options, press 4 to boot into safe mode
- While in safe mode, open Display Driver Uninstaller which you downloaded earlier
- Select the location you want it to extract the program to, and click Extract
- Find the folder the program was extracted to, and open Display Driver Uninstaller.exe
- The program will show settings when first opened, you can leave that unmodified and close it
- Select GPU as the device in the right, then select the GPU you want to remove the drivers from. On dual graphics laptops, you usually want to remove Intel's driver
- Click Clean and restart
- Once your computer restarts, install the driver you downloaded earlier
- Restart the computer again
- If you're on Windows 10, re-connect your ethernet cable or turn on the Wi-Fi again
- Test if Parsec is now working correctly