Parsec is supported on macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or greater and requires Metal support. Parsec does not support hosting on macOS. Hosting is only supported on Windows.
- The Parsec Application for macOS can be downloaded here.
- Install Parsec by following the installer guide.
- Launch Parsec from your Applications folder and log in or create your account.
- macOS by default supports official Bluetooth Xbox One, PS4, Xbox One Series S/X, PS5 and Made For Apple controllers only. If you've tried your Bluetooth controller and it doesn't work with macOS, but it is an official first party controller as mentioned above, Apple recommends upgrading to the latest version of macOS.
- Once you connect to the Windows machine that is hosting, you can change your settings to optimize your connection. During your connection, visit the host settings on your Windows PC and change whatever settings you want.
- Make your first connection either to a gaming PC you added to your account or to one that your friend invited you to connect to.
- Quitting the Parsec Application during the stream requires you to follow the standard quitting shortcut (command + Q).
- Mac function keys may not interact with the gaming PC as expected. You'll need to change the default behavior of your Apple keyboard to pass these hotkeys. Apple provides a great tutorial on changing these.