This article specifies the hardware requirements for hosting games on your PC. If you're looking to join another computer instead of hosting, check the hardware requirements for clients. For a more detailed article on GPUs, check the article on supported GPUs.
- OS: Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2
- CPU: Core 2 Duo or better
- GPU: Intel HD 4200 / NVIDIA GTX 650 / AMD Radeon HD 7750 or better
- Memory: 4GB DDR3
- OS: Windows 10 / Server 2016
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or better
- GPU: Intel HD 520 / NVIDIA GTX 950 / AMD Radeon RX 470 or better
- Memory: 8GB DDR3
We require the following:
- macOS Catalina 10.15 or newer
To receive the best experience we recommend the following:
- 2019 Mac hardware or later, including Apple M1
- Wired network connection
macOS hosting is in preview. Please check this article if you plan to host on macOS.
Windows 7 and Ubuntu
Windows 7 is not supported, and it will never be supported due to the Microsoft deprecation plans and the lack of support for important APIs Parsec depends on.
Ubuntu does not support hosting at this time.
Note for laptops
Please note, despite what is said here, some laptops running hybrid graphics still have an issue hosting a Parsec server. You'll get this error as the dedicated GPU is not physically wired to the display. You will need to use the Integrated graphics for Parsec.