Access Controls for API Keys is an Enterprise Level Feature, however Teams will be able to use this page to generate a Teams Computer Key.
Creating a New API Key
- Navigate to the Parsec for Teams Admin Panel
- Click Keys in the Left Hand Side Navigation. You will navigate to the Keys Page.
- Your API Keys, Team Computer Key and SCIM Key can all be listed here. For this how-to we will focus exclusively on API Keys.
- Click Create Key
- Select Public API Key and Click Next
- Name Your Key. It is best practice to name it something descriptive.
- Set the Permissions for the key.
- Click Generate Key
- IMPORTANT: This is a key step. You will reveal the Key Secret and only have once to store this Key Secret in a safe place. If you Navigate away or hide the Secret without copying it to a safe place there is no way to recover the key secret.
- Return to Keys Page to See Summary Key Information including metadata such as Created Date, Created By, and When and Where the Key was last used.
- You can also click the permissions tab to review what permissions were set when the key was generated
Duplicating API Keys
Duplicating a key will create an exact copy of this key with the same permissions and a new key Secret. The original key will remain unchanged.
- To begin, click Duplicate Key.
- Review draft key permissions.
- Adjust duplicate key permissions if required and click Generate Key
- IMPORTANT: This is a key step. You will reveal the Key Secret and only have once to store this Key Secret in a safe place. If you Navigate away or hide the Secret without copying it to a safe place there is no way to recover the key secret. Reveal duplicate key secret.
Disabling and Deleting API Keys
You may disable this key to temporarily invalidate its permissions. Disabled keys can be re-enabled at any time. Deleting a key is irreversible and cannot be undone.
- To disable an API Key, click Disable Key.
- View the confirmation message
- To delete and API Key, click Delete Key. Please note you can only delete a key after it has been disabled.
- Click Delete in the confirmation dialog box.
- View the confirmation message.