Verify your domain
Make sure no one else can use your domain with Parsec.
Why do I need to do this?
We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Parsec. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How this works:
- Every domain (like parsec.app) has a set of DNS records that can be viewed by anyone on the internet. DNS records tell computers how to find your website and where to deliver your company's email messages.
- You'll copy a verification code from the Parsec admin panel.
- You'll sign in to your domain registrar and paste the verification code in to the DNS records for your domain.
- Once your domain registrar publishes your verification code, we'll know you are the owner of your domain.
- After verifying your domain, you can provision users using a Single-Sign-On Identity Provider (e.g. Okta, Microsoft Azure AD)
- After verifying your domain, you can view the number of users with accounts for Parsec under your domain that existed before you verified Domain Ownership. Due to privacy restrictions we cannot display any personally identifiable information via the admin panel prior to you verifying domain ownership.
- The admin panel also has a setting to prevent users from using a Parsec consumer license when they are registered under a verified business domain.