For Arcade errors (codes 14XX, 15XX), black screen, glitches or games not showing, the person hosting the game can try a few things below. If you're just a guest, warn the host if possible or try another game.
- Make sure to restart the game and Parsec in the tray bar before each attempt at hosting the game
- Run the game in windowed mode
- Check if Parsec is lacking needed permissions
- In case you're running an emulator, these usually have different renderer options. Use either OpenGL, DirectX 9 or 11. This may or may not be an option in normal games too.
Options > General settings > Graphics > Graphics API:OpenGL
Options > Graphics Settings > Renderer:Direct3D 11
Config > Video > Plugin Settings > Renderer:Try Direct3D 11 or OpenGL
Ctrl + T > Plugins > Video plugin:Glide64
Configuration > GPU > Renderer:OpenGL. Some settings in the same place like 'Multithreaded RSX' may need to be disabled and 'Strict Rendering' may need to be enabled so Arcade works
Emulation > Configure > Graphics > API:OpenGL
Still not working?
Arcade is in beta and not yet stable with every game, so sometimes you may be unable to solve the issues with Arcade. In the meanwhile, you can host from the Computers tab, which works with basically anything. Here's how:
- Play with friends: Add yourselves with the Friends icon in the left sidebar. People can join a friend who is willing to host a game by clicking Connect in the Computers tab
- Get a quick link: Send a link to anyone by clicking Share in the Computers tab. You can share this on the #arcade channel in the Parsec Discord server to get some people to play with
Having Discord echo issues in the Computers tab? Use the VB-Cable solution in this article.