Creating an account on Parsec is required to join or host a session. You can create an account any time in the sign up page. Parsec is free to use and lets you stream a desktop for work, or play local co-op/multiplayer games with friends online. Once you sign up, you can visit your account settings to change your avatar, change your username, your email, and manage other parts of your account.
Signing up to use Parsec is super simple! Just follow the steps below:
- Open the sign up page for Parsec, type in your email address and create a username. Click Next.
- Create a password. Click Create Account.
- Check your email for a code to verify your email address. Provide the verification code and click Submit Verification Code.
- (Optional) We recommend configuring a TOTP based authenticator application such as Authy or 1Password. After installing your authenticator app, scan the QR code with the authenticator app or manually provide the private key. Enter the 6-digit code provided by your authenticator app as well as a recovery email to recover your account in the event credentials and/or codes are lost or forgotten. Click Enable 2FA.
- (Optional) In addition to configuring your TOTP based authenticator app, we'll provide 10 backup codes that can be used in place of the 6-digit TOTP code. These codes should only be used in the event you do not have access to your authenticator app. Download the codes and make sure they're saved somewhere secure!