This article covers the installation of the experimental Parsec app on Android. We do not support hosting on Android devices, you can only use it to connect to other devices.
You must have Android 9 or newer with OpenGL ES3 or better. Although our Android app is on the Google Play Store, it is considered experimental and there are still a lot of bugs. It may not work well or at all on your phone or tablet.
- Some controllers may not behave correctly
- Mouse and keyboard input is still in progress and may work incorrectly in some cases
- Android on Chromebooks may not work correctly
- Not all devices that are Android 9 or newer are guaranteed to work
- Some Android TV devices and older Android phones have increased latency
You can download and install the Parsec app from the Google Play Store.
Login and connect
- Launch Parsec from your list of applications
- Log in or create an account if you haven't already
- Add a friend via the menu bar, or login with the same account on another computer that can host, then click 'Connect' on your Android device to join the host machine